(6 years old)
Our Comprehensive Package includes:
KSPK & KSSR Preparatory: Bahasa Malaysia, English, Matematik (bilingual teaching) and Dunia Sains dan Teknologi (bilingual teaching).
International Curriculum: Language Art Skills, Phonics & Phonetics, Guided Reading Program, Music & Movement, Practical Life Skills, Creative Arts, Public Speaking & Drama, Sand & Water Play and UK Portfolio.
Extra Mural Curriculum: Mandarin (all), Fardu Ain & Tulisan Jawi (only for Muslims), Taekwondo (Recognised by WTF) and Ballet
Teach children to recognize, write and count numbers up to
Introduction of high-frequency-words (1st
01. Cognitive Skills
- Encourage children to participate in discussion, presentation and role-play.
- Teach children to speak out their answers and arguments.
- Introduction to sounds of graphemes in words (e.g. /s/ p/ oo/ n/ = spoon)
- Teach children to recognize, write and count numbers up to 100.
- Teach children to read and write numbers up to 100 using numerals and number words.
- Teach children to know number values up to 100.
- Introduction of addition (with regrouping) and subtraction (with borrowing) using two-digits.
- Introduction of multiplication of one-step problems.
- Introduction of money, fractions, measurement (length, weight, volume & time) and 2-D & 3-D shapes.
03. Language Studies (Bahasa Malaysia & English)
- Encourage children to speak audibly and fluently with an increasing command in both the languages.
- Teach children to read guided reading books by applying phonic knowledge and skills.
- Introduce basic grammar in English and ‘Tatabahasa’ in Bahasa Malaysia
- Introduce spelling of words which contains prefixes and suffixes (e.g. adding un-, -s, -es, -ed, etc.)
- Introduce children to composition skills where they learn to narrate short stories.
- Introduction of high-frequency-words (1st 200 words)
04. Science & Technology
- Introduction of five classes of animals (fish, bird, mammals, amphibians and reptiles)
- Teach children on the science concept of sink and float.
- Introduce children to Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Words
05. Physical Skills
- Expose children to higher competencies of art and craft projects where they can use eye-hand coordination skills.
- Encourage children to pick-up martial arts lesson such as Taekwondo and graceful movements lessons such as Ballet.
- Get children to participate in team games where they can develop simple techniques in attacking and defending.
06. Social and Emotional Skills
- Encourage children to participate in conducting school events (e.g. Unikidsity Mini Olympics, Unikidsity Mother- Child Breakfast, etc.)
- Guide children in developing listening skills while others are speaking.
- Teach children on self-help skills by using our Practical Life Skills syllabus (Montessori Education).